Thursday, August 03, 2006

Se va a caer

I was going to make a list of stuff that I can do now since I started back on the methotrexate, but just a brief comment on Cuba for the time being.

I'm not usually one for conspiracy theories or the like--but I couldn't help but wonder, when it came out that Fidel Castro had "temporarily" ceded power to his brother Raul while he undergoes surgery, is he already dead? Like I said, I'm not usually given to such speculation, but god knows there are enough headgames going on between Fidel and, well, you know, the world, and it seemed very odd that this transfer of power was done with just a letter, no speeches, recordings, etc. Of course, every so often one hears rumors that, this time, he really really is dead, only to have him pop back up a few days later bragging about his health. At any rate, I realize that, the more time that goes by without an announcement that he has died, the least likely it gets that he's dead, but, I have to admit, the idea of Fidel Castro dying makes me positively giddy.

Still, though--embargo? Not working.

No comments: